Monday, July 18, 2011

Well, Ain't That Fancy? Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe is a marvellous writer who came to write in the 1800's.
Why am I suddenly talking about him? Because his poems are great. The two I'm talking about is 'Annabel Lee' and 'The Bells'.
Poe had touched me with his choice of subject and his sense of rhythm. Of life, joy, death, and love, Poe has done a magnificent work on his poems. American poetry at its best I must say. Or even in the whole world.
Then the rhythm. See 'The Bells' written on the page, and you just have to read/sing/whisper it out aloud. Have a go. It gets you talking in a sort of hurried, hushed tone that is so fitting for the subject.
I suggest everyone should go have a read. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have come this far, congratulations!


This is Dymo

About Me

My photo
New Zealand
He has many ambitions, some of which include art, while others include food. The common feature of all his ambitions is that they involve him staying at home. This comic is one of them.

Total Pageviews

Pages